26 April, 2010

Got some catching up to do!

It's been a long time since I last updated! A lot has happened since February, specifically in the art department. I didn't update too much in March seeing as I was finishing the buffer for my webcomic, and didn't have too much to share. At the time of my last update I had about 30 (of 43) comic pages yet to draw, ink, and color. I didn't finish that until the middle of April, pulling all-nighters near the end, but I did some other art in tandem with the comic.



This art was all posted on my private blog from the beginning of March through earlier today. Most of it is convention product; the top being a series of original characters to be turned into pins. I started the process of making them into charms today, and they look great! They all have names and a "story", but it's not all that important; just an extra tidbit for me to use as inspiration for their appearance. The bottom two Pokemon are preliminary artwork for a series of "animal mascot" buttons. Of course there the obligatory self-portraits that I do as warm-up and as a means of starting conversation. Warm-up sketches are a lot of fun! Maybe one day I'll post more of them.

As the convention season is gearing up, a lot of the artwork I'll be doing is product for those shows. That doesn't mean I won't be doing other art, though, and I look forward to posting more then once every other month! (:

1 comment:

Francesca said...

WEBCOMIC!!! Yeah, you flaunt that baby! It's excellent! It looks really great layed out, too, by the by. I'm impressed by everybody's work like whoa.

I love your little convention guys. They really cute and they're really colored well. Also, beach™hair Kipling was totally inspired by you and all of your awesome work, because all of it is so fun and appealing and pleasant to look at.